zaterdag, april 12, 2008

Seduced by the Apple

Did I ever tell you that I am sort of a hardcore Apple fan? Nah, probably not.

The thing is, the way they package technology into solutions that touch the heart of their clients is simply unmatched. And the rest of the IT industry can learn from it. Take for example the new Time Capsule product: when I was in London last weekend (unexpectedly enjoying snow and some things happening around a torch) I witnessed it life for the first time in the Apple Store in Regent Street and I bought it immediately trough the Internet when I returned home. It essentially just happens to be a backup device, but it is wireless and looks like a piece of art. It works in the background, in real-time synchronised with one or multiple computers (best of course Apples, equipped with Time Machine software, but even Windows PC’s will do) and it comes with half a terabyte of storage (or a full terabyte, if you want to backup your entire neighbourhood).

Meer van deze - vrij bewerkte- Engelse versie van een eerder blog-item, nu op Capgemini's CTO blog.

Geen opmerkingen: